Monday 27 February 2012

World’s shortest man Chandra Bahadur Dangi awarded by Guinness World Records



 Chandra Bahadur Dangi, showing her two Guinness World Records awards

The new world’s shortest man is Nepal‘s Chandra Bahadur Dangi, who was awarded by an official of Guinness World Records, standing at 21.5 inches (54.60cm). Chandra Bahadur Dangi beat the recently world’s shortest man title holder, Junrey Balawing from the Philippines, who stood at 59.9cm (23.5 in) tall at the age of 18.

According to the report, Guinness editor-in-chief Craig Glenday visited Katmandu, Nepal‘s capital, where he confirmed the official measurements of Chandra and later gave him the world’s shortest man certificate.

Dangi, 72, who was measured three times in 24 hours at the CIWEC Clinic Travel Medicine Center in Lainchaur, also reportedly weighs 14.5kg and has spent his entire life in the remote Nepalese mountain village of Rhimkholi.

“I’m very happy that I’m being recognized by Guinness World Records and that my name will be written in book,” Chandra was quoted on reports after the awarding ceremony, who was also awarded as the world’s shortest adult human ever. “It’s a big thing for my family, my village and my country. I am very happy.” Chandra added.


















No comments:

Post a Comment